Despite we’ve heard a lot about advantages of organic food over non-organic, some people still don’t see any difference between them, because when you watch it or taste it, you may think that they are all the same. Nevertheless, the differences in quality and contents of organic and genetically modified products are enormous, and of course the organic food is the winner. So, what are the benefits of organic food? Let’s see.
The use of organic food for our health
We often point out shortcomings of conventional food, but forget to emphasize the benefits of organic food for people’s health. The benefits are great.
- The scientists have proved that food, which don’t contain chemicals and made by eco-friendly rules, strengthens the human immune system and sometimes is more effective than multivitamin drugs. The reason is pure contents. Not poisoning the body with GMOs, pesticides, nitrates, dyes and other additives, organic food contributes to the production of defense-cells, thereby strengthening the immune system and protecting against viruses.
- Unlike conventional food, eco-food, containing no unnatural elements, is much less allergic.
- Moreover, organic products take care of the gastrointestinal tract: digested better and easier, without stomach heaviness and without disturbing the intestinal microflora
- If a mother eats only natural foods, then her baby reduces the risk of digestive disorders and allergy.
Rich contents of organic food
If the main purpose of non-organic products production is the appearance and long-term usage, the organic one cares about the contents of food and its nutritional value.
- Many organic vegetables and fruits, such as citrus fruits, apples, cabbages, and tomatoes contain 25-30% more vitamin C than their conventional counterparts.
- The green salad has 25% more valuable antioxidants for the immune system.
- Essential for eyes beta-carotene, which we usually get from carrots, can be found in organic vegetables increased by 12%.
- The omega-3 fatty acids that improve memory, concentration, and mental activity, in bulk milk exceed its usual amount by three times (!).
- No chemicals containing cereals and beans may boast increased amount of minerals, vitamins and amino acids. For example, organic cereals contain more vitamins and minerals (Ca, Mg, Fe, etc) than conventional ones, due to the gentle production technology. What’s more, naturally grown cereals (without chemicals and pesticides) are more delicious.
Summing up, we can see that the benefits of organic food are undeniable. Take care of yourself and your family – think about natural foods!